Dashboard reports allow you to bring together many important visual analytics into a single location. You can get a quick glance into the metrics that matter most to you.
Granting Access to Dashboards
In order for users to access dashboards, they will need to have a role that has the Report->Dashboard entitlement. The 'edit' permission will allow a user to create and edit any dashboard. The 'read-only' permission will allow a user to view any dashboard. Refer to the Module Entitlements for Roles article to learn more.
Creating Your First Dashboard
1) Navigate to Reports->Dashboard and click the + New Dashboard link. You'll then be promoted to provide a name for the dashboard, click Create to continue.
2) You'll begin building your dashboard as a blank canvas. Dashboards are made up of one or many Visual Reports. A Visual Report is a chart that is based on a specific data source. A Visual Report can be reused in other Dashboards and eventually elsewhere in the platform.
Creating a Visual Report
3) To create a new Visual Report directly from your dashboard, click the + Add Visual Report button. Here you'll be able to add existing Visual Reports to your Dashboard or create a new one. Click the Create Visual Report button.
4) You must first select a dataset as a basis for the report. Select any workflow and click Continue.
5) Visual Reports can be based on any of the chart types shown below. Select Bar click Continue.
6) Once you select the axis you would like the report based on, your report will appear in the window as shown below.
The settings on the left allow you to change the configuration of the report including sorting, orientation, axis settings, and other display options.
7) Once your settings are complete, provide a Title to your report and click the Create Report button then click Done.
8) You'll then be taken to the expanded view of your Visual Report. Click the 'x' to exit back to your Dashboard. You should now see your Visual Report on the Dashboard!
9) Alternatively, visuals reports can be created individually through the Reports-> Visual Reports tab in the navigation menu. Select the +New Visual Report button. Then follow instructions starting from step 3 above to create your visual report.
10) Once a visual report is added, it will show up under the list of reports you can add to a dashboard. Click on the green + button to add a visual report to your dashboard.
Arranging Visual Reports on a Dashboard
Visual Reports can be resized by clicking the gear icon on the chart.
To move the position of a Visual Report on a Dashboard you can drag and drop the report where you want to place it.
Accessing your Dashboard
Your Dashboard will now appear in the listing located at Reports->Dashboards. Any user with at least a 'read' entitlement will be able to view the Dashboard.