Records Report - Overview
In order to obtain a view of your data (risks, assessments, controls, etc.) in Risk Cloud, navigate to Reports-->Table Reports-->Records.
- At the top of the page underneath the "Records" header, you can see selectors for your various Applications. Click on the Application (e.g., Incident Management) from which you would like to Export Data.
- In the Layout dropdown, select the data layout that you'd like to Export (see the section below titled "Layouts - Defining Your View into the Data" for more information on how to create custom Layouts).
- You can also use the Workflow, Step, and Status dropdowns to filter to specific Workflows, Steps or Statuses.
Records Report - Exporting Data
Once you select the relevant Application and Layout, your data will appear in a table on the right. At the very bottom of this Report, you can click the CSV or XLSV buttons to Export your information to those respective formats and kick off a download in your browser.
Layouts - Defining Your View into The Data
If you would like to change the Fields on the Records Reports so that you can view/export different data points, you can do this by navigating to the Build-->Layouts section.
1) You can either click on a Layout title to edit an existing Layout, or click the green + New Layout button to create a new Layout from scratch.
2) Upon creating a new Layout, enter a Layout Title and select the main Workflow that you want the Layout to display data from.
3) Once created, you will see a blank template for this Layout (as shown in the screenshot below). Click the + ADD A FIELD button at the bottom of the screen to add new Field(s) to your Layout.
4) For each Field you add to the Layout, you can select the Workflow you want to pull the data from. The Workflow dropdown will list the main Workflow that you selected when you created the Layout, as well as any Workflows that have been directly linked as a Parent or Child of the main Workflow.
5) Once you have selected the appropriate Workflow, you can click on the Category and Field dropdowns to select the types of data you want to include. Below are descriptions of each Category (the bolded bullet points) and the key Field types contained in each (bolded and italicized within each bullet).
- Record: This is a system-generated category that provides general information about each Item/Record. The key Field types that can be selected in this category are: Record Name to show the Risk Cloud-assigned Item ID, Status to show the current Risk Cloud-generated status (e.g., "Not Started", "Checked Out", "In Progress", "Complete"), and Due Date to show the due date assigned to each item.
- Application: This is a system-generated category that provides general information about where the Record lives in the Application you built. The key Field type that can be selected in this category is Current Step to show the current Step, or step/stage, that each item resides in.
- Users: This is a system-generated category that provides general information about the Users for each Record/record. The key Field types that can be selected in this category are: Current Assignee to show the currently assigned user, and Creator to show the user who originally created each item
- Workflow: THIS IS THE MOST COMMONLY USED CATEGORY IN LAYOUTS. This category contains all of the user-generated Fields that have been created within the Build section and that capture information as part of your front-end forms. Once you select this Category, you can begin typing in the Field dropdown to find the relevant custom Fields you are looking to display.
- Global: This will show you your custom Global Fields.
7) Once you add a Field, you can also optionally adjust the Header associated with that Field. In the text box under Header, you can type in any header text you would like to display to the end user. It does not need to be the same as the Field Name. An example for this might be if you want to select the Record System Field but call it something more relevant to your data, such as "Risk ID".
8) You will most likely want to display at least one field per Workflow as a link. To do this, click the gear icon to the right of the field you would like to use as a link to the record. The field will be shown as a link by default.
9) For every Workflow, a single Layout can be set as the Layout that shows up on each user's Risk Cloud Work Queue. Click the gear icon at the top-right of your Layout, and select "Use For Work Queue".