The Jobs module allows allows an application builder to create triggers that cause actions to occur within Risk Cloud, such as sending an email notification. One key Trigger for the Jobs to fire is based upon an record's Due Date. By setting up a Due Date Job, you are able to notify your users that they must complete their record every X days starting Y days out from the due date. To setup a Due Date Job:
1) Navigate to the Build->Jobs module and click the + New Job button.
2) Select the Due Date button on the left side of the screen.
3) Once Due Date is selected and a Job Title is entered, fill out the following information to dictate when and how often your notifications are sent:
Workflow - Select the Workflow for which you would like the Job to be active.
Step - Select the step where the records live that you would like to send the notifications. Typically this would be your "In Progress" step. Alternatively, you could select Any step here to have the Job execute regardless of where the records live.
Execution Period - Select when you would like the notifications to begin sending before the Due Date occurs. For example, if you select 7 Days, you will begin notifying your users that the record must be completed starting 7 Days before the Due Date on the record.
Period End (Optional) - This can optionally be set to specify when the Job should stop executing after the Due Date has been reached.
Frequency - Specify the time period for which you would like to repeat sending the notifications. For example, if you select 1 Day, then your notifications will be re-sent every day before the Due Date is reached. Tip: if you only want 1 notification to be sent, then set the Frequency to a time period longer than your Execution period.
4) Flip over to the Message tab at the top of the screen to begin entering the details of who you would like to notify and what the message should say and click Add Message to begin creating your email notification.
Recipients - This allows you to select exactly who should be receiving the notification. The most typical use case here would be to select Assignee for the Due Date Job so that whoever is currently working that particular record is the User that receives the notification.
App Message - This section will show your users a message within the application itself via the bell icon at the top right-hand area of your Risk Cloud screen.
Email Message - This is the important section to fill out for your Email Notifications. Note that the Email Message can contain rich text for more fancy formatting of your email messages. It also allows for HTML to be inserted in case you would like to show an image within your Email, for example. Lastly, the Include Field Results selection at the bottom of the screen can be enabled to show your users actual data from the record (e.g. the name of the risk outstanding) within the Email body itself as a tabular section at the bottom of the Email.
5) IMPORTANT: Click on the Save Job to save your newly created Job. This is one of the few features of Risk Cloud that will not automatically save by itself.
You can find more general information about setting up Jobs and the features available from the Creating Jobs article.