In Risk Cloud, Roles are used to provide access to specific Applications on a step-by-step basis and to specific "Modules" (sections or capabilities).
The screenshot below shows all of the different Module Entitlements available:
In order to add a Module Entitlement to a Role, first click on the + sign next to the appropriate module (1). Then, select either the pencil icon for edit access or the book icon for read-only access (2).
Types of Module Entitlements
There are three kinds of module entitlements - Admin Entitlements, Application Entitlements, and Report Entitlements. Below is a description of each Module Entitlement and what kind of access it provides:
- All - The 'All' Entitlement grants access to all sections in the Admin Module, as well as to all Application and Report Entitlements. Admin Roles with this Entitlement can create and manage user accounts (in the Users section), update their account theme, and view account statistics (in the Account section).
- All Fields - Roles with this Entitlement will see the option to "View All Field Data" in the gear menu of each Record they have access to. When this option is selected, all Fields from the Workflow in which the Record resides will be displayed in alphabetical order by Field Name, even Fields that aren't visible in that Step. Roles with Edit access will be able to edit any Field from that Workflow, even if the Field is marked as Read-Only in that Step. Roles with Read-Only access will be able to view all Fields.
- API Access* - Allows access to the Services section in the Admin module. Roles with this Entitlement can manage external services that have been integrated via Risk Cloud's API.
*API access must be included in your contract before this Entitlement can be used.
- Assign - Allows users to change the assignee for Records that they have access to (i.e., reassign work to both internal and external users). If a Record is reassigned to an external user, a corresponding “Assign Job” must be in place to notify the external user that they were assigned a Record. If this Job is not in place, the external user will have no way of knowing a Record was assigned to them. The Assign Entitlement also grants access to the Bulk Assign function in the Work module. Note: Users do not need this Entitlement in order to assign work via the submit modals within a Workflow.
- Build - Allows users to access the Build module and all sections within it. Roles with Edit access to the Build Module Entitlement are able to create and edit Roles and Groups (in the Access section), Layouts, Jobs, and Applications. Note: Any Role with Edit access to the Build Module Entitlement will be able to edit any item within the Build sections, even if they haven't been granted access to the Application in the Steps portion of the Role.
- Delete Records - Allows users to delete individual Records from within a Form. For more information on deleting a Record reference our Delete a Record help article.
- Import - Allows users to access the Import function in the Work module.
All of the Report Entitlements provide access to certain sections within the Reports module.
- Records - Allows users to access and view the Records Report in the Table Reports section of the Reports module. Roles with this Module Entitlement are able to export Records Report Layouts to CSV or Excel.
- Dashboards - Allows users to access Dashboard Reports in the Dashboards section. Also allows access to the Visual Reports that can be used within Dashboards (available in the Visual Reports section). Roles can be granted Edit or Read-Only access to Dashboards. Those with Edit access can build their own Visual Reports and Dashboards, as well as edit any existing Dashboards. Edit access to Dashboards also grants the user edit access to Table Reports. Those with Read-Only access will only be able to view Dashboards that others have already created.
- Productivity - Allows users to access and view, but not edit, the system-generated Productivity Report in the Visual Reports section.
- Status - Allows users to access and view, but not edit, the system-generated Status Report in the Visual Reports section.
- Table Reports - Allows users to access Table Reports in the Table Reports section of the Reports module. Roles with this Module Entitlement are able to export Table Reports to CSV or Excel. If the user has Table Report Read Entitlement but also Dashboard Edit Entitlement, they will be able to edit all Table Reports since Dashboard Entitlements overrides Table Report Entitlements.
For more information on creating Roles in LogicGate, reference our Creating Roles help article.