In LogicGate, Roles are used to define access to specific processes on a step-by-step basis. They are also used to provide access to specific "modules" within the application.
The screenshot below shows all of the different module entitlements available:
In order to add a module entitlement to a role, first click on the + sign next to the appropriate module. Then select either the pencil icon for edit access or the book icon for read-only access.
Types of Module Entitlements
There are three kinds of module entitlements - Report entitlements, Application entitlements, and the Admin entitlement. Below is a description of each module entitlement and what kind of access it provides:
- The Admin - All entitlement grants access to all sections in the Admin module. Roles with this entitlement can create and manage user accounts (in the Users section), update their account theme, and view account statistics (in the Account section).
- All Fields - Roles with this entitlement will see the option to "View All Field Data" in the gear menu of each record they have access to. When this option is selected, all fields from the workflow in which the record resides will be displayed in alphabetical order by Field Name, even fields that aren't visible in that step. Roles with Edit access will be able to edit any field from that workflow, even if the field is marked as Read-Only in that step. Roles with Read-Only access will be able to view all fields.
- API Access* - Allows access to the Services section in the Admin module. Roles with this entitlement can manage external services that have been integrated via LogicGate's API.
*API access must be included in your contract before this entitlement can actually be used.
- Assign - Allows users to change the assignee for records that they have access to (i.e., reassign work). Also grants access to the Bulk Assign function in the Work module. Note: Users do not need this entitlement in order to assign work via the submit modals within a workflow.
- Build - Allows users to access the Build module and all sections within it. Roles with Edit access to the Build module entitlement are able to create and edit Roles and Groups (in the Access section), layouts, jobs, and processes. Note: Any Role with Edit access to the Build module entitlement will be able to edit any item within the Build sections, even if they haven't been granted access to the process in the steps portion of the Role. Roles with Read-Only access to the Build module entitlement will be able to view all sections in Build, but will not be able to make changes.
- Import - Allows users to access the Import function in the Work module.
All of the Report entitlements provide access to certain sections within the Reports module.
- Records - Allows users to access and view the records report in the Table Reports section of the Reports module. Roles with this module entitlement are able to export records report layouts to CSV or Excel.
- Dashboards - Allows users to access Dashboard reports in the Dashboards section. Also allows access to the Visual Reports that can be used within Dashboards (available in the Visual Reports section). Roles can be granted Edit or Read-Only access to Dashboards. Those with Edit access can build their own Visual Reports and Dashboards, as well as edit any existing Dashboards. Edit access to dashboards also grants the user edit access to table reports. Those with Read-Only access will only be able to view Dashboards that others have already created.
- Productivity - Allows users to access and view but not edit the system-generated Productivity report in the Visual Reports section.
- Status - Allows users to access and view but not edit the system-generated Status report in the Visual Reports section.
- Table Reports - Allows users to access Table Reports in the Table Reports section of the Reports module. Roles with this module entitlement are able to export Table Reports to CSV or Excel. If the user has table report read entitlement but also dashboard edit entitlement, they will be able to edit all table reports since dashboard entitlements overrides table report entitlements.
For more information on creating Roles in LogicGate, reference our Creating Roles help article.