The E Signature field in Risk Cloud can be used to capture a system-created electronic signature based on a user's first and last name. The user will first be prompted to select one or more "signing reasons" and then they can click on the "Sign" button to create their e-signature. The date and time of the e-signature will also automatically be captured.
NOTE: Only the original user that provides an E Signature will ever me able to modify or remove their signature.
How to create an E Signature field
To add an E Signature field to a step or form, follow the instructions below:
1. In the step builder, click the green + New Field button to add a new field and then select the E Signature field type. Then click Next.
2. In the field editor modal, enter the Name and Label for the E Signature field. Remember that the Name will be used as an identifier for the field in the Build part of the app, while the Label is what will be displayed to end users. Then click Save.
NOTE: The Label is different than the signing reason(s) that will be displayed to the end users; you will enter the signing reason(s) in the next step.
3. The Signing Reasons fields will appear below. Enter the signing reasons into each of the text value box. After entering each signing reason in the Text Value column, make sure to click the green plus icon to the right to add the signing reason to the list.
You may add as many signing reasons as you want. You may also designate numeric values associated with each signing reason if desired. If you do not enter a numeric value, the system will automatically assign a numeric value of 1.
4. OPTIONAL - If your E Signature field needs to be 21 CFR Part 11 compliant, you can enable this in the Options tab. When this option is enabled, the end user will be required to agree to use electronic signatures prior to signing and re-enter their password during the signing process.
To see how a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant E Signature would appear to an end user, see this overview of 21 CFR Part 11 enabled E Signatures.
5. Once you are done creating your E Signature field, click Done. You can then drag and drop your new E Signature field into your form.