Table Reports allow you to create filtered reports combining data from multiple Workflows that you and your users can access.
In order to create a Table Report you must first have Table Reports module entitlement for a Role you are currently a part of or be added to a Role with Table Report entitlement. Refer to the Module Entitlement for Roles to learn more.
Creating a New Table Report
Navigate to Reports --> Table Reports to view the list of saved Table Reports. Click the '+ New Table Report' button to reveal the Table Report creation screen.
Selecting a Workflow
You will be prompted to first select the source of data for the report by searching for a Workflow name. The primary Workflow selected will determine what Fields can be added to the report. It will also determine what secondary Workflows can be selected (based on Workflows mapped to the primary Workflow).
For the purposes of this article, we will just focus on selecting a primary Workflow, skipping the secondary Workflow selection. For details on how to create a Table Report with multiple Workflows, see our Working with Multiple Workflows in Table Reports article.
Once selected, click CONTINUE to move on to the next step.
In the report builder, you can add Fields to your report, create filters, and customize other report settings. The first step to setting up your report is to add Fields.
Fields are located at the bottom of the builder screen. You can toggle the Field type to select from either Custom Fields or System Fields. Next to each Field, you can click the '+' icon to add the Field to the report. In the example below, "Impact of Risk" has already been added to the report, so it appears above the field finder.
Customizing Report Fields
Once you have added the Fields you would like to include in the report, click the 'Customize Table' button.
Here you can take additional actions on each Field. The options available for each Field type will vary slightly, but for most Fields the actions include:
- Rename: Rename the Field header by clicking the pencil icon next to the name
- Sort: Choose a default sort Field and order for the report
- Show As Link: Display the Field as a link to the Record
- Add Filter: Add a filter on a Field
- Remove: Remove the Field from the report
- Reorder: Click and drag the handle (dots) to reorder Fields on the report
- Display: If you have a Calculation Field, you will have the option to display your Calculation labels as values, labels, or both. Note: In order to display your labels, you'll first need to set it up. Refer to the 'Creating Calculation Field Labels' article to learn how to set up your labels.
Working With Filters
Filters can be added to the report via the gear next to each Field or by clicking the '+ Add a Filter' button.
This will present you with a component to select a Field to filter on. A Field does not have to be present on the report for a filter to be applied.
Filter options will vary depending upon the type of Field you are filtering on. In the example below, we've chosen a DATE RANGE operator on the 'Certification Date' Field to include January 1, 2020 through July 31, 2020 and an EQUALS operator on the 'Frequency' Field to include only controls assessed 'Annually.
Once a filter is added, you can click on the gear icon to toggle the filter to be 'flexible'. This gives your end-users the ability to toggle the filter off when viewing a report.
NOTE: Filters can now be added to Calculation Fields. Additionally, multiple filters can be added to the Record Name Field.
Naming and Saving Your Report
Once you've set up the report to your liking, you can add a title to the report and click the 'Create Report' button in the upper-right corner. The title is the primary way users will be able to identify the report, so make it descriptive, yet concise.
Running Your Report
Once your report has been confirmed as saved, click the 'x' in the upper-right corner to automatically run the report and take you to the report viewer. To modify the report, you can always click the EDIT REPORT button to switch into the report builder view.
- For information on how to view, sort, search, and export data in Table Reports, see our Viewing a Table Report article.
- For information on Table Report access and security, see our User Access and Security with Table Reports article.
- For information on Visual Reports for table reports, see our Using Table Reports To Filter and Link Workflows for Visual Reports article.
- For more information on Table Report filters, see our Advanced Filters for Table Reports article.