A Guide to Layouts
A "Layout" refers to a certain "view" of data present within an Application in Risk Cloud. Throughout Risk Cloud, there are three areas where you can set custom Layouts showing data that is relevant to a user. These three areas are:
- The Work Queue
- A Workflow Link within a form. See this article for information on how to add a Linked Workflow
- Within the body of an email Job notification when "Field Records" option is selected. See this article for information on how to create a Job and select "Field Records"
For each of the above situations, Layouts can be created in order to give users a more customized view of data within an Application.
How to Create a Layout
1) Select Build → Layouts.
2) Click on "New Layout," enter the desired Title and Workflow and click "Create."
- The Workflow selected is the Workflow where the desired data lives or is connected via a Parent / Child relationship to the data you wish to display.
This will then take you to a screen where you can pull in your desired Fields.
3) Select "Add a Field."
- Each 'row' that you are creating in this section will correspond to a column in the Layout (see arrow below).
- The Workflows available to select in the Field "Workflow" will depend on the Workflow relationships you set up. If a Parent/Child relationship has been established between the Workflow chosen above and another Workflow, that other Workflow will be available as an option.See this article for help with creating relationships between Workflows.
Categories and Fields Available:
The following categories are available for inclusion in a Layout:
System Fields: these are Fields that every Workflow will have by default
- Record - these Fields will give details about the Record itself, i.e. the Record name (Risk-1, for example), the date the Record was created, the date the Record was due, etc.
- Application - these Fields will give details about where the Record sits within your Application, i.e. the current step it sits in, the name of the Workflow that it lives in, etc.
- Users - these Fields will give details about the users involved with the Record, i.e. who created it, who is the current assignee, etc.
Custom Fields: these are Fields that have been created by the Administrator of your Application
- Workflow - these Fields are those created within the chosen Workflow for the Layout. These will be custom to each user's environment.
- Global - similar to "Workflow" fields, but these are set up so that they can be used across all Applications in a user's environment.
4) Once fields have been chosen for the Layout, you can then update column header names, Record links, and sorting, if desired:
- Update the Header name to help users better understand what the Field is used for. For example, "Current Step" refers to the Step that the Record is currently in, but it may be more clear to name this the "Stage" or "Phase" that the Record is in if you are using Steps as a Record status tracker.
- Sort the Records using a specified Field by checking "Sort By This Field" and selecting "ASC" or "DESC".
- Select the "Show As Link" button so that the Field can be clicked on and take the user directly to the record. It is considered best practice for at least one Field to be set as a link if this layout will be set as a Work Queue Layout.
- Each row can be dragged and dropped so that the desired order of Fields is achieved.
The Layout will save automatically as you make updates to it.
Please note that if you want this Layout to be used as your "Work Queue" view, you must select the gear in the top right corner and check "Use For Work Queue".
Where are Layouts Leveraged in LogicGate?
See below for how a Layout can be utilized for Work Queues, Linked Workflows, and Email Job messages:
Prior to setting the Work Queue Layout below to a custom Layout, this was what the default Work Queue view would show:
After creating a new, customized Layout and setting it to be used for the Work Queue, the Work Queue will now show your updated view:
When linking a Workflow within a form, different Layouts can be chosen in order to display the relevant data based on that linkage. The "Linked Workflow" chosen must be the same as the Workflow that was used to create the Layout; the user can then choose which previously-created Layout should be used in the Workflow Link.
When creating or editing a Job, select the "Message" tab.
Enter in the Message details as desired; once you get to the end of the page, you will see an option to "Include Field Results." Once that is selected, a dropdown of relevant Layouts is available to be chosen from. This will allow the user to view the Fields chosen within the Layout from the e-mail they are sent.