The Import module allows you to upload data into an Application via a .csv file.
In order to use the Import module, you must first be part of a role that has been granted the Import module entitlement. If you do not have this entitlement, then you will not be able to bulk import data into Risk Cloud. Refer to the Module Entitlement for Roles article to learn how to get Import entitlement.
Data can be imported via .csv files to pre-populate Applications with existing data.
1) Navigate to the Import module by selecting the Work tab and then Import.
2) Define which Fields will be imported by creating an Import Layout. Under the Layout drop down, click the create a new one option.
3) Then select the Workflow you will be importing data into and give the Layout a name (so that it can be saved for future use). Then click Create.
4) You can now begin to add Fields you wish to import into the Layout. The listing of Fields will pre-populate as you begin to type. Once a Field is selected, click the '+' icon to add it into the Layout view at the bottom. Continue this process until the desired Fields have been added to the Layout.
5) Once your Fields have been added, you can drag and drop the Fields to arrange them in the order you would like to upload.
6) Select the Destination Step to determine where the objects will go in the Workflow after they are created. Once selected, you can download a template .csv file to use to populate your data.
7) Finally, click browse to select the .csv file which contains your data to begin the upload process -- or simply drag and drop your file into the upload area.
8) If any data cannot be uploaded, a system message will inform you where the upload process stopped. Rows that do not have errors will import successfully, rows with errors will be skipped.
Importing Tips and Tricks
We recommend saving files as CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (.csv). If you have special characters there could be encoding issues, so this file type helps to avoid those issues.
You can only import 100 Records from a single file at a time. To get around this, you might need to split up a single CSV file into multiple files for import. If a file you import has more than 100 Records, then any Records after the first 100 will be ignored.
Upon copying an Application, the data itself will not be copied. As such, you will need to use the above method to import any data that is necessary for a copied and/or imported Application. You may want to also see how to export data from Risk Cloud.
There are some Field Type restrictions to importing data in this manner. Certain Fields such as Attachments or Multi-Select will not be available to import. If you have data containing these Field Types, please speak with your Customer Success Manager to discuss options with them, as there are easy ways to accomplish this as well.
Common Importing Issues
I'm seeing empty rows being imported into Risk Cloud. How do I prevent this?
Make sure to delete any empty rows or Fields in your .csv file before importing. If there are empty rows, this will import empty Records into LogicGate. If there are empty Fields, this will trigger an error in your import.
Sometimes there may be empty rows and Fields that you can't see. The best way to prevent empty rows and Fields is to highlight everything outside of your data range in Excel and then delete it.
I'm getting error messages when I try to import. What am I doing wrong?
Generally speaking when you get an import error message it is due to the data format.
Make sure the Date Fields are formatted correctly. Refer to Guidelines For Importing Dates for instructions.
Fields with discrete options such as Select Fields need to match exactly to a predefined Record in the system, including spaces. If you have a Risk Select Field in Risk Cloud with "Low", "Medium" and "High", if you try to load a value that is "High " from the CSV it will error.
Once you have reformatted your csv file, DO NOT reopen the file in Excel. This may trigger Excel to automatically do some additional reformatting and mess up your original format. Instead, upload the file directly into Risk Cloud. If you do want to reopen your file to check, use a text editor like Notepad++.
Links and URLs do not work when I try to import. What am I doing wrong?
Links/URLs should be imported using the following format:
<a href="URL" target="_blank" rel="noopener">TEXT TO DISPLAY</a>
For example, <a href="https://www.logicgate.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Access Link Here</a> will display 'Access Link Here' to the end user within LogicGate and bring the user to 'https://www.logicgate.com/' when clicked on.
Make sure that the Field you want the link to display in is a Text Area Field with Rich Text enabled.