Fields are elements that can be added to a Step (i.e., form) to capture or display data to end users. The following Field Types can be created:
- Text - A small text box used for entry of text that can fit on one line (e.g., names, titles, or short descriptions).
- Text Area - A large text box used for writing long descriptions or multiple rows of text. Rich Text can be enabled on Text Areas to allow for formatting of text (e.g., bold or italicized font, bullet-points, URLs).
- Date Picker - Presents the end user with a Date Picker calendar widget to select a date in the past or future.
- Number - An integer field that only accepts whole numbers.
- E Signature - Will display one or many items with a checkbox presented next to each option. After the user selects one or more of the checkboxes, they can click a 'Sign' button and an electronic signature of their user name will be displayed along with a date and time stamp. The Field can optionally be enabled to be 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.
- Checkbox - Will display one or many items on a form with all options displayed in a list. A checkbox is presented next to each option that can be checked or unchecked. Multiple items can be selected by the end user.
- Multi Select - A “type ahead” list of items. Multiple items can be selected by the end user.
- Radio - Will display one or many items on a form with all options displayed in a list. A radio circle is presented next to each option that can be selected or unselected. Only one item can be selected by the end user.
- Select - A drop-down list of items. Only one item can be selected by the end user.
- Attachment - Presents the end user with a file picker to upload a document from their local machine. The user can browse for a file or drag-and-drop a file into the upload area.
- Calculation - Accepts mathematical formulas using numerical values and mathematical operators. Calculations can be based off of other Fields in the same Workflow that have numeric values associated with them. Also, Calculations can be based off of Fields with numeric values from a separate linked Workflow. This is known as Roll-Up Calculations.
- User - A select list of users from the platform. The list of selectable users can be defined with individual users or Roles.
In addition to these field types that can be created by Admin users, there is also a special system-generated field - the Due Date field.