The Jobs module allows a Risk Cloud builder to create triggers that cause actions to occur within the platform, such as sending an email notification.
Creating a Job
Jobs are managed in the Build module. To add a new Job, click on the + button at the top of the Jobs table.
Selecting a Trigger for the Job
The first step is to select the trigger for the action you would like to take place. The most common trigger types are 'Moved' and 'Due Date'. In the screenshot below, I've created a rule that will run anytime a record moves from the 'Create Risk' step to the 'Reviewer' step.
Note: Once you select a workflow for your job and save you will not be able to change the workflow the job is related to
Below are the five types of triggers:
- Moved – This will trigger a Job every time a record is moved from one step to another. You can also select 'Any step'.
- Assigned – This will trigger a Job when an item is assigned or reassigned to a user in the specified step.
- Created – This will trigger a Job every time an record is created in a step.
- Due Date – This will trigger a Job a specified time period before or after a due date.
- Fixed – This will trigger a Job on a regular time interval.
Conditional field rules can also be created which will cause the trigger to execute only when the field conditions are also met.
Sending Emails when the Job is Triggered
If you would like a notification sent to a user or group of users when the action is triggered, click the pencil icon user the 'Message' heading.
Recipients are the people or groups of people who will receive the notification.
- User - Specific users that exist in Risk Cloud can be selected to receive the notification.
- Role – Any role or roles can be selected to receive the notification.
- User Field – Any User Fields in the Workflow you selected in the trigger event tab.
- Assignee – By selecting this check box, a notification will be sent to the user who is assigned on the trigger event. For example, if you create a moved trigger based on a record moving from one step to another and wish to notify the person that was assigned you should select the assignee checkbox.
- Previous Users – Selecting this option will notify any user who worked previously on the record.
- Record Group Users – Selecting this option will notify any user who is associated with the groups that can access the record.
- Record Creator – Selecting this option will notify the user that created this record.
The 'In-App Notification' allows you to customize the text of the in-app notification a user receives. The in-app notification shows up under the bell icon in the upper right corner.
Within the Email Notification section, enter the subject and body content that will appear in the email sent to the notified users.
If you would like the values of fields included in the email body select the Include Field Results checkbox. In the Layout dropdown select an existing layout or select 'Use step Fields' to display results for all of the fields on the destination step.
Refer to the Overview of Layouts help article to learn how to create a custom layout.
If you would like an any additional action to occur within Risk Cloud once the trigger is met, navigate to the Operation tab. From here you can configure what additional operations will take place. Note: Operations are optional. You do not need to add an Operation in order to save the Job.