The Users module in the Admin section of the app is where user accounts can be created and managed and where Roles can be assigned to users.
To get to the Users module, navigate to Admin-->Users in the top menu:
Each user in LogicGate is associated with a unique email address. Information about the current users in the system is displayed in the Users table.
There are 2 ways to create new user accounts:
- Adding new users via the Active Users tab
- Converting external users to active users with accounts
Adding New Users
Follow the steps below to add new users to the system:
1) Click the + NEW USER button at the top of the Users table under the Active Users tab.
2) A pop-up modal will appear to allow you to provide the user details.
- Email: REQUIRED (email addresses must be unique; the same email address cannot be used for multiple accounts in LogicGate)
- First Name: REQUIRED
- Last Name: REQUIRED
- Company: Optional
- Date Display Preference: Select the format you want the date to be displayed.
- Time Zone: Select the appropriate time zone for the user.
- Tier: A user can be designated as either "Primary", "Secondary", or "Limited".
- Onboarding: Check this box if you want the user to receive an email to activate their account and set-up their LogicGate password. If you check this box, the activation email will be sent immediately upon creation of the user's account.
- Notification Preferences: Check this box if you would like the user to receive updates on new features that are rolled out within LogicGate.
The user tiers are as follows:
- Primary users are users who have access to the Build section of the app (these are typically Admin users).
- Secondary users are users without access to the Build section (these are typically end-users).
- Limited users are secondary users who only use the platform infrequently (these are typically end-users performing quarterly or annual tasks).
Please note that if the user email you are entering already exists in the system or if the user is an already existing De-activated or External User the Email asterisk (*) will become red. If you hover over it, the tool tip will display information indicating this user already exists.
If the user is an External User please see the "Converting External Users to Application Users With Accounts" section at the bottom of this article to learn how to convert an External User to an Application User.
Once you have finished entering the user's info, click CONTINUE at the bottom of the modal to move on to assign Roles to the user.
3) In the Access tab, you can assign Roles to the user which will grant the user access to certain functionality or Applications within LogicGate. Click the checkbox next to any Roles that you want the user to have.
Once you are done adding Roles, click the CREATE USER button at the bottom of the modal.
If the "Send Welcome Email" option was selected earlier, an email will be sent to the user asking them to activate their account.
If the “Receive Product Update Communications” option was selected, the user will receive updates whenever new product features are released.
Converting External Users to Application Users With Accounts
If a user email address has already been used in LogicGate as an external user, their information will be tracked in the External Users tab. You will not be able to add external users as application users via the Active Users tab, but instead you will need to convert these users via the External Users tab. Follow the steps below to convert external users:
- Navigate to the External Users tab under Users table.
2) Find the external user you want to convert and click on the pencil icon next to their email address.
3) A pop-up modal will appear. Fill in the First Name and Last Name and optional Company Name field.
4) Select the option to ‘Receive Product Update Communications” if you would like this user to receive updates whenever new product features are released. Then click the Convert to Application User button. Then click the Convert to Application User button.
5) Navigate back to the Active Users tab. You can now search for the user you just converted. The new user will receive an email with instructions to set up their account.