How Relationship Reports can be used to display information from Workflows that are not directly linked.
Relationship Reports can be added to a Step of a Workflow to display data from Workflows that are not directly linked together or display data from Records that share a common linked Record in another Workflow.
Display Data from Another Workflow
For example, you might have an Enterprise Risk Management Application that consists of three Workflows:
- A "Risks" Workflow, where risks are documented in a Risk Repository.
- An "Assessments" Workflow linked to the "Risks" Workflow that allow for multiple assessments of Risks (e.g. an assessment for the IT department, an assessment for the Sales department, an assessment for the Finance department etc.)
- A "Mitigations" Workflow that is linked to the "Assessments" Workflow to track mitigation activities that need to be performed based on Assessments.
A Relationship Report can be used if you want to view all the mitigations associated with a parent risk. (This cannot be achieved through a Linked Workflow Section because the Risks Workflow and the Mitigations Workflow are not directly linked). A Relationship Report configured to display mitigation information will appear as follows:
Display Data from Records that Share a Common Linked Record (Sibling Relationship Report)
Using the same Enterprise Risk Management example above, the Team Members completing the assessments may want to see what information had been entered for past Assessments. To do this, a Relationship Report can be used in the "Risk Assessments" Workflow displaying information from past Assessments that share a common Risk. If the end user is completing their annual assessment, they will be able to see past assessments for historical context.
Guide to Create a Relationship Report
1. Navigate to the Application Canvas of the Application and click on the Step where you would like to display the Relationship Report.
2. Scroll to or add the Section where you would like to add the Relationship Report and click Add Relationship Report.
Please sign in to leave a comment.