An explanation of how to view and access existing Layouts
A Guide to Layouts
A "Layout" refers to a customizable tabular view of data present within an Application in Risk Cloud. Layouts are used to provide end users with relevant information from multiple workflows to help them perform tasks assigned to them. While Layouts are only used to display data, certain Fields can be shown as a link to allow end users to access details of the Record. Layouts are primarily used in the Work Queue and when Workflows are linked within a form (see Adding a Linked Workflow Section to a Step Form for more information).
How to create a Layout
1. Navigate to Build > Layouts using the menu.
2. Click + New Layout. In the modal that pops up, enter a Title and select the appropriate Workflow. The Workflow you select should be the Workflow in which the desired data lives or is connected to other Workflows in which the data lives through a parent/child relationship. Click + Create Layout.
3. In the Layout / Edit modal, click + Add A Field to add Fields to the Layout.
Fields are specified based on:
- The Workflow from which the Field should be pulled. The Fields can be selected from the Workflow the Layout is being built on (that is, the Workflow selected in Step 2) as well as all the Workflows that have been mapped to this Workflow. Refer to Connecting Workflows Together for additional information on creating relationships between Workflows.
- The Category of the Field. Fields are categorized as System Fields (Fields that all Workflows have by default, including Current Step, Record Name, and Due Date Fields) and as Custom Fields, which are Fields that are created by an Administrator in Risk Cloud. Custom Fields can either be Workflow Fields, which are Fields that can be only be used in the Workflow in which they were created, or Global Fields, which can be used in any Application in the Risk Cloud Environment. Refer to System Fields and Global Fields for further information.
- The Field, which identifies the Field that will be pulled into the Layout. Fields are specified based on the Field Name (as opposed to the Field Label).
The "Header" (4) in the "Layout Fields" section refers to the name of the column that represents the Field on the Layout. By default, the Field Name is used as the Header. Changes to the Header can be viewed under the "Layout Preview" section.
4. Once Fields have been chosen for the Layout, you can customize the Layout further by clicking the gear icon at the right of each row
- You can choose to sort Records by a specific Field by checking Sort By This Field and selecting Asc to sort in ascending order or Desc to sort by descending order.
- You can select Show As Link so an end user can click on the Field and view the corresponding Record. It is considered best practice for at least one Field to be set as a link if this Layout will be set as a Work Queue Layout. Text Area Fields cannot be shown as a link within a Layout.
- You can delete a Field from a layout by clicking Remove.
You can also choose whether Calculation Fields display the a numerical value, a label (if you have configured Calculation Labels) or both.
Additionally, the order of rows can be rearranged by dragging and dropping them. The order of the Fields from top to bottom in the "Layout Fields" section corresponds to the left to right order of how they will appear in the Layout, as seen under the "Layout Preview" section.
The Layout will save automatically as you make updates to it.
To use a Layout for your "Work Queue" view, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Layout / Edit modal and check Use for Work Queue.
Where are Layout used in Risk Cloud?
Layouts can be used to summarize information in the Work Queue.
The image below shows the configuration of the Risks Layout used in the Work Queue:
The image below shows the Work Queue with the Risks Layout:
You can see that the Records are sorted in ascending order of Risk ID and the Risk ID appears as a link, as specified in the configuration.
When linking a Workflow within a form, different Layouts can be chosen in order to display relevant data based on the linkage. The "Linked workflow" chosen must be the same as the Workflow that was used to create the Layout. The user can then choose which previously-created Layout should be used in the Workflow Link.
Note that both Risk ID and Assessment Name are displayed as a link so that the user can click into the Records if they want more information in order the perform the work in the Step they are assigned.