Visualize your data to guide users to insights and next steps
Visual Reports allow you to visually display your data to get a quick glance at the metrics most important to you. You can embed several Visual Reports in a Dashboard to provide a holistic view of your GRC program.
The following types of charts are supported:
How to create Visual Reports
1. Navigate to Reports > Visual Reports using the menu. Click + New Visual Report.
2. Select a Workflow or a Table Report as the dataset for the Visual Report and click Continue.
3. Choose the Chart Type you want for your Visual Report and click Continue.
- Line, Area, or Bar charts, you will be prompted to select a Field that will serve as the X-Axis.
- Scatter or Heatmap, you will be prompted to select Fields for the X-Axis and Y-Axis respectively.
- Donut chart, you will be prompted to select a Field that by which the chart will be sliced.
- Gauge chart, you will be prompted to select a Field based on which the gauge is displayed.
Note that only discrete Fields can be added to Visual Reports. Available Fields for each chart are:
- Line, Area, Bar: Date Picker, Select, Multi-Select, Radio, Checkbox, User, Calculation, E Signature, Due Date, User Groups, Step
- Scatter: Date Picker, Select, Multi-Select, Radio, Checkbox, User, Calculation, E Signature, Number
- Heatmap, Donut, Metric, Gauge: Select, Multi-Select, Radio, Checkbox, User, Calculation, E Signature, User Groups, Step
Other Visual Report Functionality
Report by Record Using the Primary Field
You can use the Name Field of a Workflow as the X-axis on a Bar Chart Visual Report. The Name Field will display each Record’s value for the Primary Field of the given workflow. If the Primary Field value is null, the Name Field will instead display the Record Name. This means that you can actually display a text field from your workflow on your Visual Report as long as it is set as the Primary Field. By selecting the Name field on a Bar Chart, each record will individually represent a bar on the X-axis. This allows you to report on a per-record basis.
You can find more information about configuring Primary Fields in Set Primary Fields in Workflows.
For example, for a Risk Workflow that has a one-to-many relationship with a Risk Assessments Workflow, you can create a Visual Report to show the average risk score for each individual Risk. You can do this by choosing the Name Field on the X-axis and a cross-workflow calculation from the Risk workflow that takes the average of the child risk assessment scores on the Y-axis.
There is a record limit of 75 records that can display on a Visual Report using the Name field. It has been determined that a Visual Report with more than 75 records will not be readable to users. To ensure that the desired data is included in the Visual Report, consider creating a Table Report with filters and create a Visual Report using that Table Report to drill down into a particular subset of records.
You cannot set an X-axis dimension on a Visual Report that is using the Name Field on the X-axis. You also can only select fields from the Primary Workflow to be the Y-axis. The Name field is available on Bar, Line, and Area Visual Reports.