Visual Reports allow you to visually display your data to get a quick glance at the metrics most important to you. You can embed several Visual Reports in a Dashboard to provide a holistic view of your GRC program and customize those in the following ways.
Line Charts and Area Charts
You can customize Line and Area charts by modifying the following:
Note: although the image above shows the options for a Line Chart, these same fields can be modified in the case of Area Charts.
1. X-Axis: Although you were prompted to select a Field for the X-Axis prior before a Visual Report was created, you can choose a different Field instead. If a Due Date or Date Picker Field is selected as the X-Axis, you will also have the option to modify how the date is grouped (by day, week, month, or year).
2. X-Axis Dimension: A discrete Field can be specified as the X-Axis Dimension. Specifying a Field as the X-Axis Dimension will create plot separate lines in different colors for each of the values of the discrete Field. For example, the images below show how a plot of the average risk score of risks over time can be be configured to show the average risk score by risk area by selecting "Risk Area" as the X-Axis Dimension.
If "Risk Area" is specified as the X-Axis dimension, separate lines will be plotted for each risk area with different colors:
4. Chart Subtype: Changing the Chart Subtype changes the appearance of the line fo the plot. The image below shows what the chart will look like if Line, Spline, and Step are selected respectively.
5. X-Axis Label: This allows you to change the label of the X-Axis.
6. Report Description: This allows you to provide a description of the data displayed in the Report. This description will appear below the X-Axis label similar to a caption.
You can customize Bar Charts by modifying the X and Y Axes (1, 3), adding as in the case of Line and Area Charts. You can also add an X-Axis Dimension (2). For Bar Charts, you can also change the orientation (4) and grouping (5), as well as how the data is reported (6) and displayed(7, 8).
5) Once your settings are complete, provide a Title to your report, click the Create Report button, and click Done.
6) You'll then be taken to the expanded view of your Visual Report.
You can also create a new Visual Report directly from a Dashboard by clicking the + Add Visual Report button. Here you'll be able to add existing Visual Reports to your Dashboard or create a new one. Click the Create Visual Report button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.