How to add Users to Risk Cloud and give them access with Roles
The Users module in the Admin section of Risk Cloud is where user accounts can be created and managed.
To get to the Users module, navigate to Admin > Users in the top menu:
Each user in Risk Cloud is associated with a unique email address. Information about the current users in the system is displayed on the Users page.
There are 2 ways to create new user accounts:
Adding new users on the Active Users tab
Converting external users to active users
Adding New Users
If an email address has not been used within Risk Cloud, a new user can be added from the Active Users tab on the Users page.
1. Click the + New User button at the top of the Users page under the Active Users tab.
2. The "Create New User" modal will appear. Complete the following information for the new user.
Email (Required, Unique): Email address that can be used by Risk Cloud to send notifications to users.
First Name (Required): First name of the user.
Last Name (Required): Last name of the user.
Company: Company of the user.
Date Display Preference: Select the format you want the date to be displayed (MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY).
Time Zone: Select the appropriate time zone for the user.
Tier: A user can be designated as either "Primary", "Secondary", or "Limited". These are meant purely for your license tracking purposes and do not impact any functionality within the platform.
Send Welcome Email: Check this box if you want the user to receive an email notifying that they now have an account in Risk Cloud.
Allow User to Log In Without Single Sign-On: Check this box if you would like the user to be able to create their own password to log into Risk Cloud without authenticating through your SSO solution. This option is only recommended in the case where a user CANNOT authenticate with SSO (i.e. if they are outside your organization; contractor).
Please note that if the user email you are entering already exists in the system or if the user is an already existing De-activated or External User the Email asterisk (*) will become red. If you hover over it, the tool tip will display information indicating this user already exists.
Once you have finished entering the user's info, click Continue at the bottom of the modal to move on to assign Roles to the user.
3. In the Permissions tab, you can assign Roles and Permission Sets to the user which will grant the user access to certain functionality or Applications within Risk Cloud. Search for and click on the Roles and Permission Sets you would like the user to have access to.
Once you are done adding Roles and Permission Sets, click the + Create User button below to close the "Create New User" modal.
Note: If you have Two Factor Authentication enabled in your Risk Cloud environment, you will also see the Security tab in the "Create New User" modal. Click the Enabled toggle to turn on Two Factor Authentication for the new user.
Converting External Users to Application Users With Accounts
If a user email address has already been used in Risk Cloud as an external user, their information will be tracked in the External Users tab. You will not be able to add external users as application users via the Active Users tab, but instead you will need to convert these users via the External Users tab. Follow the steps below to convert external users:
1. Navigate to the External Users tab on Users page.
2. Find the email address you want to convert and click on the pencil icon.
3. A pop-up modal will appear. Fill in the First Name and Last Name fields. Update the Company, Date Display Preference, Time Zone, Tier, and Login Permissions fields as needed.
4. Click the Convert to Application User button.