How to Effectively Enable an Access-Based Home Screen
As of the June 2023 Release, Access-Based Home Screen is live for all customers!
What is an Access-Based Home Screen?
The Access-Based Home Screen (ABHS) is a new RiskCloud feature that allows Builders to create different Home Screens for each Application based on a User's Role.
Warning! Adopting ABHS is an Irreversible Action
- Once the ABHS Feature Flag is turned on, it cannot be turned off.
- Once a Dashboard Access-Based Home Screen is configured for an Application, Users cannot revert to the previous Home Screen.
For Immediate Access:
To enable ABHS in your environment, please contact your Customer Success Representative. Your Customer Success Representative will activate the new feature in your environment.
How to Configure Your Access-Based Home Screen
1. Navigate to the Build canvas, click the settings icon, and select 'Home Screens' from the drop-down:
2. Click the 'New Home' button:
3. RiskCloud will redirect you to the "Create New Home Screen Page." Select a Dashboard from the left panel, then click the Next button in the top-right corner:
4. After clicking Next, RiskCloud will navigate to "Step 2: Set Access".
Use the drop-down to select a Role, User Group or Individual User to give Access to the new Home Screen. After you have selected all the Roles and Users that will have Access to this Home Screen, click Next.
5. Finally, add a "Name" and "Description" to the Home Screen, then click Create.
6. The newly created Home Screen will be visible on the Application:
1. Navigate to an Applications Home Screen, and click Configure Home.
2. Select a Home Screen from the left-side panel and click Save to update the Home Screen for the Application.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a Table Report Home Screen today. How can I migrate it to an Access-Based Home Screen?
- [Updated June 2023] With the recent release of the new Access-Based Home Screen: Migration Wizard, you'll see a yellow banner at the top of your screen when viewing any application using a table-report-based Home Screen. Simply follow the instructions in the banner, which will navigate you to the Home Screen configuration page within Step Builder (only accessible to users with Build access to the Application).
- Builders can click Begin Migration, which allows them to select up to 30 table reports to automatically create a dashboard that can be used as a home screen for an application.
- Please note that the Application card on the Build > Applications page will contain an "Update Required" badge until the migration has been completed.
Can I return to a Table Report Home Screen after setting up an Access-Based Home Screen?
- No - once an Access-Based Home Screen is configured for a given application, you cannot revert to a Table Report Home Screen.
Will I be forced to adopt an Access-Based Home Screen?
- If you do not adopt an Access-Based Home Screen for your Application by the end of September 2023, this migration will happen automatically. Please refer to the Access-Based Home Screens: Migration Wizard Help Center article for more details on the automated migration process.
Can I give Users Access to multiple Home Screens?
- Yes - nothing prevents builders from providing a given user, user group, or role access to multiple home screens.
Can I make one Home Screen available to multiple users, roles, or user groups?
- Yes - There is no limit on the number of home screens to which a given user, user group, or role can be given Access.
How can I edit an existing Home Screen?
- By clicking the 'configure' button on the home screen tile:
What will my end users see when they log in?
- It depends on how you've configured Home Screens for the Application your users are viewing. If exactly one Home Screen has been configured for a given user (e.g., one Home Screen which is "Available to All Users"), the user will see that Home Screen by default and will not need to select a Home Screen. If more than one Home Screen has been configured for a given user (e.g., multiple Home Screens which are "Available to All Users" or multiple Home Screens for a given role/user), the user will need to click Configure Home and select the Home Screen that they would like to use.
How do the "Display My Work Table" and "Auto-Collapse Table Reports" toggles work?
- These toggles give individual users the flexibility to choose whether or not they want to see the My Work table and whether or not they want Table Reports to be auto-collapsed, respectively, on their Home Screen. These settings are per-user, per-application and cannot be controlled for other users by an admin.