How to Import Data into Risk Cloud
The Import Module allows you to upload existing data into an Application via a .csv file.
In order to use the Import Module, you must be listed as a user on a Role that has the Import Module Entitlement. If you do not have this Entitlement, you will not be able to import data into Risk Cloud. Refer to the Module Entitlement for Roles for more information on Entitlements.
Step-by-step guide on importing data into Risk Cloud
1. Navigate to Work > Import using the menu at the top of the page.
2. Create an Import Layout to define the Fields that will be imported. Click on + Create under the "Select A Layout" section to create a new Layout.
3. In the modal window that appears, give the Layout a descriptive title so that the Layout can be saved and used in the future. Next, select the Workflow where the data will be imported and click + Create Layout.
4. To add Fields to the Layout, click on the Add Fields dropdown. You can either use the search bar or scroll through the list of Fields to find the Field you are looking for. Select the appropriate Field and click + Add Field. Continue this process until the desired Fields have been added to the Layout.
5. Once your Fields have been added, you can drag and drop the Fields to rearrange their order. The order of the Fields in the Layout must match the order of the columns in the spreadsheet containing the data that will be uploaded.
6. Choose the Destination Step to determine the Step in which the data will reside when it is imported.
7. Click Download CSV Template. Move the data to be uploaded to the template, and save the file.
8. Either drag and drop the .csv file containing your data in the "Upload CSV" area, or click Browse Files to select the file from your device.
9. If any data cannot be uploaded, a system message will inform you where the upload process stopped. Rows that do not have errors will import successfully, while rows with errors will be skipped.
We recommend saving files as CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (.csv). CSV files help avoid encoding issues with special characters.
You can only import 100 Records from a single file at a time. To import more than 100 Records, you will need to split up a single CSV file into multiple files for upload. If a file you import has more than 100 Records, Records after the first 100 will be ignored.
Upon copying an Application, the data itself will not be copied. As such, you will need to use the above method to import any data that is necessary for a copied and/or imported Application. You may want to also see how to export data from Risk Cloud for additional instructions.
There are some Field Type restrictions to importing data in this manner. Fields such as Attachments or Multi Select will not be available to import. If you have data containing these Field Types, please speak with your Customer Success Manager to discuss options with them, as there are easy ways to accomplish this as well.
Common Importing Issues
Empty rows are being imported into Risk Cloud. How do I prevent this?
Make sure to delete any empty rows or Fields in your CSV file before importing. Empty rows will import empty Records into Risk Cloud. Empty Fields will trigger an error in your import.
Sometimes there may be empty rows and Fields that you can't see. The best way to prevent empty rows and Fields is to highlight everything outside of your data range in Excel and then delete it.
I'm getting error messages when I try to import data. What am I doing wrong?
Generally import error messages are due to incorrectly formatted data.
Make sure the Date Fields are formatted correctly. Refer to Guidelines For Importing Dates for instructions.
Fields with discrete options such as Select Fields need to exactly match a predefined Record in the system, including spaces. If you have a Risk Select Field in Risk Cloud with "Low", "Medium" and "High", if you try to load a value that is "High " (with space) from the CSV file, it will lead to an error in the import.
Once you have reformatted your CSV file, DO NOT reopen the file in Excel. This may trigger Excel to automatically reformat your data. Instead, upload the file directly into Risk Cloud. If you do want to reopen your file to check, use a text editor like Notepad++.
Links and URLs do not work when I try to import. What am I doing wrong?
Links/URLs should be imported using the following format:
<a href="URL" target="_blank" rel="noopener">TEXT TO DISPLAY</a>
For example, <a href="https://www.logicgate.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Access Link Here</a> will display Access Link Here to the end user within LogicGate and bring the user to https://www.logicgate.com/ when clicked on.
Make sure that 'https://www.' is included in the URL. If 'https://www.' is not included in the URL, the link will not work.
Make sure that the Field in which you want to display the link is a Text Area Field with Rich Text enabled.