With the addition of Fixed Date Calculations Fields in Risk Cloud, users can calculate the number of days between two Date Fields. All of the following Fields can be used in a Date Calculation:
Custom Date Picker Fields
Global Date Picker Fields
The following System Fields:
Last Completed Date
Like other Field types, you can add a Fixed Date Calculation Field to a Workflow Step to display data to end users. To create a Fixed Date Calculation Field, fill out the Name, Label, optional Help Text, and Tooltip as you would any other Field. Additionally, you'll need to select two "Date Fields" you would like to use in the Calculation.
The output of all Fixed Date Calculations will be in a number of days. The order of the "Date Fields" you use in the calculation inputs affects whether the calculation result will be positive or negative. If the expected output is a positive number of days, the first Date Field should be further from the current date and the second date closer to the current date. In the example pictured below, you can calculate how long a record was open by utilizing the Completed Date and Created Date system fields.
If the Completed Date was January 17th, 2023, and the Created Date was January 10th, 2023, then the output of this date calculation will be positive 7 days, meaning the record was opened and closed within that time.
Common Use Cases
Date Calculation Limitations
Date Calculation Fields cannot be used for the following uses. If you have a use case requiring additional functionalities, please upvote the appropriate Risk Cloud feature requests (FR).
- Date Calculations do not currently have the ability:
- to add the Current Date as a "Date Field" input - FR
- to be added to Visual Reports on the Home Screen -FR
- to be added as a "Field Variable" in a Jobs' Message -FR
- to be used as a "Field Input" in a Standard Calculation Field -FR
- to determine a Date Field using another Date Field +/- number of days -FR
- to create new Fields, Sections, Sub-Sections, Paths, or Jobs' conditions with a Date Calculation Field - FR
- to determine when the Date Calculation Field is visible to end users - FR
For more information on Date Calculation Field settings and options, please look at Advanced Date Calculation Fields.
You may also enjoy our articles on Field Types, Advanced Calculation Fields, and Record Due Jobs.
Article is closed for comments.