Learn how to create Calculations based on Fields that are in other Workflows
When you create a calculation expression in one Workflow, you might want to use data collected in other Workflows as inputs. Cross-Workflow calculations let you build complex calculation expressions with Fields from different Workflows.
After creating your Calculation Field, enter a Calculation Expression using
%f as a Field placeholder and the appropriate operator. Then, using the search bar under Field Input, select the Workflow with the appropriate Field. You can select the Workflow you are currently in or a directly linked Workflow.
When you select a Field from a Linked Workflow, you will also be asked to select an Operation. Operations help you set how you want your data aggregated on your Record if a Record on your current Workflow has many linked Records in your selected Workflow.
You have the option to use the following:
1. Most Recently Updated Field Value: The most recent field value from all the records in the linked workflow. This does not depend on when the record was created or linked.
2. Least Recently Updated Field Value: The oldest field value from all the records in the linked workflow. This does not depend on when the record was created or linked.
3. Sum of Field Values: The sum of all the field values from all the records in the linked workflow.
4. Average of Field Values: The average of all the field values from all the records in the linked workflow.
5. Highest Field Value: The highest field value from all the records in the linked workflow.
6. Lowest Field Value: The lowest field value from all the records in the linked workflow.
For more information on calculations, visit Creating Advanced Calculations.
Configuring Cross-Workflow Calculations Specific to a Step
After selecting an Operation, you can choose to have the calculation “Only consider records in a specific step”. If you check this box, the calculation will only take into account records which are in the step selected in the dropdown menu.
For example, if you only want the calculation to consider the most recently updated Inherent Risk Score for Risk records which have been fully evaluated, you would select the Risk Repository step. Risk records in any other step would be treated as blank in the calculation.