Create Jobs that automatically update Date Fields based on a trigger
Jobs allow you to create rules that perform automated actions based on the occurrence of a specific Workflow event. Jobs can be configured to automatically update Fields based on specific events. If you're not familiar with Jobs, refer to Jobs and how to create them for information.
Configure Job Operations to Automatically Update Fields
Navigate to Build > Jobs, click + New Job. In the modal, title the Job and select and appropriate trigger. Then navigate to the "Operation" tab and click + Add Operation.
This will present you with all of the types of automations that can be configured with the help of Jobs. Choose Update A Field from the list of operation types on the left.
Search for and select the Field you want to update using the search bar. The kinds of updates that can be made depends on the Field Type.
Due Date Fields
You can update Due Date Fields in three different ways:
- Set the new Due Date relative to when the Job is triggered: This updates the Due Date Field using a relative time period from the date and time the trigger is executed.
- Set the new Due Date relative to the current Due Date: This sets the new Due Date a specified number of hours/days/weeks after the current Due Dates.
- Remove the Due Date: This clears the Due Date Field.
Select and Radio Fields
You can update Select Fields or Radio Fields in two ways:
- Add a new value: This allows the value of the Field to be updated with new option.
- Clear value: This clears any values previously selected.
Multi Select and Check Box Fields
You can update Multi Select and Check Box Fields in three ways:
- Add new values: This will add the value listed to those that have already been selected for the Field.
- Remove one or more values: This will remove the value listed from the values that have been selected for the Field.
- Remove all values: This will remove all the values that have been selected for the Field.
You can update Number Fields in three ways:
- Use a new number: This allows the Field to be updated with a new number.
- Adjust the current value by: This updates the Field by adding/subtracting the specified number to the Field. You can enter negative numbers in the "Adjust current value by" field.
- Clear current number: This removes the current value entered in the Field.
After you have selected the appropriate option, click Save Job. The Job execute when the trigger is met and will update the Field as you have specified.