How to create a template for Job email notifications to allow for quicker setup in all Job messages.
Change Jobs Settings
In the Build > Jobs module, you can set default values to populate for all newly created Jobs or existing messages. On the "Jobs Settings" tab, you can now change the following for each Job email message:
- Email Sender Name - Set the name associated with the sender email. All emails sent by a Job will be sent from this sender name. Sender name can be changed in individual Jobs.
- Email Template - Set a template that will pre-populate all newly create Jobs with emails. Changes to this template will not be automatically updated in existing Jobs. Templates can be changed in individual Jobs.
- Email Footer - Set the footer for all emails. The current default footer for emails is "For questions, please contact email@example.com. Powered by LogicGate."
After making changes any of the settings, click the Save Template button to apply the settings to all future Jobs.
Job Settings Best Practices
- Update the Email Sender Name to something relevant to your organization (i.e. "GRC Team"). Change it on individual emails or add Fields to your Jobs to provide better context.
- Add your company logo to the Email Template section to make it more "official" and decrease the time from adding it to individual messages.
- Change the Email Footer to your company's standard. Be sure to include contact information for whomever you would like users to reach out to with questions.